Blog Catalog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mark Zuckerberg and his really big day


In what is surely a major blow to fashion in general but men's fashion, specifically,

I don't suppose you saw a picture of Mark Zuckerberg during his big Facebook presentation on their proposed email offer, did you?

Did you see him? Did you see what he was wearing?

I mean, sure, he's what? 26 years old, right? But he is, after all, a billionaire and the head of a large and ever-growing, seemingly important corporation but what did he dress up in, for his presentation?

A t-shirt.

True. A t-shirt. No message on it, thank goodness but a solid colored "t".

Holy cow.

How much of a beating is men's fashion going to take? How far down on the "business casual" spiral are we going to go?

And don't get me wrong here, either. I'm not saying he had to wear a suit or tie or get all dresssed up but really, would a polo shirt have killed him? I've always said a polo is just a t-shirt with a collar.

Mr. Zuckerberg, I have to ask, is a polo shirt too much to ask?

Apparently, the answer is yes.

Take it from me, you don't want to be selling men's retail clothing.

No comments: