Blog Catalog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

On the Kansas City Star--and a couple local blogs

I have pointed out and complained several times out here about the Kansas City Star's weak online presence and said it should be improved.

Well, folks, I have to 'fess up.

I thought--mistakenly--there was only one version and that's not the case.

There's the "freebie" one I always saw and then there's the one available at a really excellent, reasonable and low rate of $4.95/month.

The free version is clumsy to work with and doesn't look like the paper.

The inexpensive version IS the paper version but online.  It's the way it ought to be.

I point this out because I think a) word should get out about it and b) as many people as possible should sign up and pay for this thing so we can keep the Star's reporters on the streets and the paper viable.

I mean, if the Star doesn't exist one day, who will Tony link to for so much of his content?

And the blogger? 

I just have to mention that I love, love, love that so many bloggers can't write or can't write well and that so many can't even spell.  There are two, in fact, I have in mind but the ones that really get me are the Right Wing, Conservative, Republican ones.

That kills me.  In a million good ways.  Again and again.

I admit, my writing and grammar are decidedly not perfect by a long shot.

But at least I can spell.

Thanks for the laughs, bloggers.


And enjoy your Sunday, y'all.

No comments: