Blog Catalog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

It doesn't look good for Mama's Restaurant

I was at Westport's Sunfresh grocery this evening and got checked out by one of the long-time waitresses from Mama's Restaurant. 

Naturally, I asked if she wasn't from there.  She confirmed.  Naturally I asked if it was reopening soon, as I'd heard.

Bad news, indeed. 

She said the owner of the building wasn't even sure if he wanted to fix it.

Yikes.

We may lose another stalwart diner here in town or, worse, a venerable old landmark building.

4 comments:

Lezlee Bryan said...

ng! That's sad. Not only was the food good, but the staff was nice. Mama's filled such a niche in KC.

Mo Rage said...

Hey, we're still hoping they can reopen. It doesn't look good but it's not definitive yet.

Cross your fingers.

Btw, I didn't know you knew this was here. Thanks for reading.

Tacitus said...

Funny.. wife mentioned she'd seen one of the more colorful waitresses working at Sunfresh. (the one that sometimes appears in drag, maybe?)

Anyhow, based on how quickly the fire restoration people were on the scene, I thought the re-opening would be pretty quick. I do hope they get it fixed.

Alas, I have a 20% off coupon I had intended to use there.

Mo Rage said...

Actually, technically, it wasn't "drag", it was TV, if you catch my meaning. She's a terrific, long-time waitress there.

I had heard the same thing--that the restoration was starting right away but it's as this woman said, it's still boarded up.

Stay tuned.