After getting together with friends this evening, for dinner, I realized I wasn't the only one who was a bit blown away, emotionally, of all things, by Senator Obama's "informercial" last evening.
It seems the pictures and videos and testimony were all a bit more than at least some of us were expecting.
It reminds me so much of what I think people thought and felt for first John Kennedy and then his brother, Robert.
See if you don't see more suggestions of that comparison in time to come. I think you/we all will.
Anyway, the closer we get to the election, the more overwhelming it all seems. The more incredible it seems, that Barack Obama will be President. (I'm pretty darned sure).
(And I am SO FREAKIN' SICK of this election, otherwise).
On a side note--back to the real and scary world of economics--did anyone see this following little tidbit?
"The Federal Reserve agreed to provide $30 billion each to the central banks of Brazil, Mexico, South Korea and Singapore, expanding its effort to unfreeze money markets to emerging nations for the first time."
See the story link here:
That's 120 BILLION DOLLARS, all at once, to Brazil, Mexico, South Korea and Singapore.
Holy cow. We're talking real money here.
This all brings on a few rather significant questions, I think:
1) Holy spreadsheet, Batman, what is our government doing??
2) Is what the government is doing the right thing? (Are they the right things?)
3) Who's REALLY in charge of our government right now?
4) Are we going to regret this in short order?
5) Are the people "in control" REALLY in control?
6) Are these same people (you know, the ones in "control") sure of what they're doing?
7) Aren't we throwing one heck of a lot of money around and rather helter skelter, at that? (In the billions, regularly).
8) Are the people in charge REALLY certain of the ramifications of what they're doing?
9) Are some of the things we're doing counterproductive with some of the other things we're doing, simultaneously?
10) Can we be certain of our answer(s) to no. 9 above?
11) Can we be certain of our answers to any and all of the questions above?
12) Are the people in charge certain of the answers to any and all of the questions above?
13) What other "unkowns" are out there that we're unaware of?
14) Are we--all of us, even the ones in charge--totally winging it and in completely new, unidentified territory here, so they really AREN'T sure of what they're doing? (I'm afraid the answer here is a certifiable "yes").
Whole lotta questions, goin' on.
Skin Care at Every Age
11 minutes ago