Blog Catalog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ike Skelton vs. Vicky Hartzler: a rock and a hard place

On the one hand, there's Democratic Representative Ike Skelton who is 80 years old, for pete's sake, and who has been in Congress for 17--count 'em--17 terms.  That's 34 years in Washington.

On the other hand, there's Republican Vicky Hartzler who, according to the Star this morning "...wrote the book on faith-centered campaigning."


Excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick.

Links:  http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/16/2321211/incumbent-congressman-ike-skelton.html;
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/16/2320807/former-home-ec-teachers-campaign.html

4 comments:

The Observer said...

Flip the parties and that is how I feel about the Missouri senate race!

WF: moosse. Maybe elect one of these?

Mo Rage said...

Okay, I need clarification.

What's "WF"? And what's "moosse"?

As for the Missouri Senate race, I think we ought to vote in Robin Carnahan--this once. Then, next time, likely vote her out and some new person--a new name, someone who doesn't have a family dynasty in politics who is a good person and who also has the best interests of the state in mind and heart, first.

Know such a person?

mr

Anonymous said...

Not a big fan of either, eh? Well do you want Nancy Pelosi to be pushing through unpopular laws for two more years or want some CHANGE?

That's the difference to me- Ike voted for her to be Speaker and voted with her 95% of the time. She's just out of touch.

Mo Rage said...

funny you should ask. Clearly you don't know me.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I would like Rep. Nancy Pelosi to remain in her current position. She's no big, evil enemy, in spite of how she's portrayed by the right.

As for "out of touch"--she helped pass health care reform and I don't happen to be wealthy and needed this reform, among other things.

So, yeah, as you can see, I'm all for her.


Thanks for asking,

mr