Blog Catalog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Funky announcement

Okay, when I heard the Funks were going to have an announcement yesterday, naturally I hoped it was to say they quit, they were throwing in the towel and they knew there was no way they could either a) raise enough money to wage a campaign or b) get enough people to vote for them.


No such luck.


Imagine my surprise (because I really was surprised) when the co-mayors came out at their news conference yesterday and said they were, in fact, officially launching their campaign to win the mayor's office again.  Sheesh.


And check out that campaign slogan:  “Your money, your voice, your mayor.”  


"Our money"??


If it were truly our money, we wouldn't have lost hundreds of thousands of it in lawsuits because of "her honor's" (Gloria's) mouth, with her racism in the office.  Remember that?


I can't even count the number of times--or the amount of total dollars--those two cost us because of the way they ran that office these last several years.


So here it is--I'm not voting for these two, one more time, because they cost us all that money but more, I'm not voting for these two because THEY DON'T GET ALONG WITH ANYONE.  Hizzhonner, in particular.  I've said it before, if there were awards for getting along with others, he'd never get one.   Finally, as said on the Star's page today, these two haven't given us leadership at all these last several years.  They need to now get out of the way and let a true leader get in there.  I don't know who that is but it surely isn't either of them.


Link:  http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/19/2332665/funkhouser-kicks-off-re-election.html

No comments: