Blog Catalog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Best Super Bowl commercial?


I think this may have been the one.

It sneaks up on you.  It seems like it might go nowhere but you gotta' say, right off the bat, the kid in the costume looks so cute, right?

And then there's that payoff at the end. 

I was in a theater room in a condominium and the whole small audience just broke out laughing.  The commercial and the audience both surprised me.

I think it was the surprise that made it so much fun. 

That and the simplicity of the ad.

And the innocence.

(Btw, a local ad agency guy tends to agree with me on this one, too:  http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/president-of-local-advertising-company-breaks-down-the-hits-misses-of-this-year%27s-super-bowl-ads)

Have a great day, y'all.

No comments: