Blog Catalog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Questions on the CC Plaza

I just have two: First, what's with the traffic lights making the sound of a machine gun when they change? Who thought that was a good idea? What, exactly, is it supposed to mean? Second, how long do you think the Michael Kors store will last there, once it opens? Saks Fifth Avenue lasted a while but it had a big name---and a far better economy to work with. I give it the equivalent of 20 to 40 minutes, in "retail store years."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sound you're referring to is to inform the visually challenged that's its safe to cross the street. Actually, the amount of time given is insufficient. You have to run to make it.

Mo Rage said...

Actually, I figured it was to assist the visually-impaired. I should have made that clear. I don't understand why they use that sound. It's odd, at least. Maybe some scientists decided that was the most recognizable or something, who knows? It just sounds odd, to me and, I think, to all for whom it's a new notice.