Blog Catalog

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

President Newt Gingrich?

I mean, anyone who's followed his career--and quotes--has got to know that, as Republican moderate and columnist David Brooks so famously said, Newt Gingrich shouldn't "...run a 7-Eleven, let alone a country."


Here are some more Newt Gingrich quotes, so I can prove myself here, before I go on to this point based on news out today:

“In Washington DC 800 babies are left in dumpsters a year.”  (The number was actually 4).


“Up to 25% of the White House, when they first came in, had used drugs within the past 4 or 5 years.”


“On Inauguration Day, they’re breaking the law and doing drugs. Two days later, they’re in the White House. This must be the most disciplined set of addicts in the world...”


“I have enormous personal ambition. I want to shift the entire planet. And I’m doing it. I am now a famous person. I represent real power.”


"A mere forty years ago, beach volleyball was just beginning. No bureaucrat would have invented it, and that's what freedom is all about."


"I'm not a natural leader. I'm too intellectual; I'm too abstract; I think too much."


We doubt that last one, Newt.

Anyway, for anyone who has followed Newt lately, we know two more things that should disqualify him from being in the White House.

First, Tiffany's, in New York, gave him an interest-free, sweetheart loan of from $250,000 to $500,000.00.

Nice, huh?  YOU try getting such a deal.

Second, in the last week, his entire campaign staff walked out on him and his campaign to become our next president.

If the people who were closest to him walk out, what does that tell you about how we should support him, eh?

And if all of that isn't enough--what we know from his past, to date--there's this news out today:

Newt Gingrich's charity paid $220,000 to his business

Seriously, shouldn't that be the final nail in Newt's "campaign coffin"?

Don't go away mad, Newt.  Just go away.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Newt is as bad an option as Palin. Yuck.

Mo Rage said...

Truly, Donna, I couldn't agree more. Can you imagine the chutzpah of having a charity, taking money from people on it and then taking nearly a quarter million dollars of it to pay yourself?

And then expect people to vote for you for president?

For him, it's imaginable.