Blog Catalog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A much greater "4th of July" this year

I don't know about anyone else but just knowing our Senators and Representatives in Washington have to give up their Independence Day holiday this year because the Republican leadership won't take back tax subsidies that are going to the rich, "Big Oil" and corporations that take manufacturing offshore tickles me silly. It makes for, as I said, a far better 4th of July. I also love that President Obama somewhat shamed them into it. I hope they're truly miserable up there in hot, steamy, humid Washington, D.C. this weekend, while most of the rest of the city and nation, for that matter, celebrates our national holiday. Thanks, Republican leaders! Link: http://news.yahoo.com/senate-next-week-debt-limit-impasse-140257248.html

No comments: