Blog Catalog

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Claire on Colbert tonight (it rhymes)

I just got an email from my good Senator Claire McCaskill's campaign manager, telling me Claire will be on The Colbert Report this evening.

That's great news to me.

Two great things at once--Stephen Colbert and my "good Senator" (as opposed to my bad, other one).

The thing is, though, their note cracked me up. Check out what they wrote and said to us out here:

"Tonight at 10:30 CT, Claire will go up against Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report in a debate about secret political contributions that fund Karl Rove's organization and others like it.

As fans of the Report know, Colbert has been a champion of the political system that allows unlimited anonymous political contributions from corporations and billionaires – so much so that he’s created his own 501(c)(4) through a company called Anonymous Shell Corporation."


Wha?

"Colbert has been a champion of the political system that allows unlimited anonymous political contributions from corporations and billionaires..."?

Holy cow.

They couldn't be more wrong.

Do they not get that the ENTIRE SHOW is satire--political satire?

Do they not get that Stephen Colbert is doing a complete sendup of the system and ridiculing it for the absurd, broken mess of a system that it is?

From reading that promotional email, I have to come to the conclusion that they do not.

Wow.

That was--no, is--a stunner.

Get a clue, Claire.

Apparently you need to get a staff that is either more aware or brighter or, what? Under 75 years old?

No comments: