Blog Catalog

Monday, April 25, 2011

For the ultimate in Royal Incest


Okay, sure, as "commoners", we've all joked about how the Royal Family is so inbred and that that's why Charles has those automobile-size ears of his (open, on his car, er, head) and we know they're all over Europe, what with having screwed up--I mean--been in charge of and run Germany and who knows were all but a little note in Parade Magazine this week, of all places, pointed out the absolute ultimate in Royal Incest (I love the capital letters here, don't you?).

Check this out:  Everyone knows Her Highness Queen Elizabeth has had Corgis forever, right?  Turns out she's had 30 of the little buggers.  (I can say "buggers", can't I?  It's America, after all and we don't know it's not a good word over here, across the pond). 

Anyway, she's had a bunch of these dogs.

So, it turns out she let one of her precious little corgis (I shouldn't be capitalizing THAT, too, should I?) while Maggie's--I mean, Princess Margaret's--dachsund was around.

Uh-oh.

It turns out you can't keep nature from taking over and next thing you know there's a puppy litter on its way.

But get this.

Apparently no one had ever done this--mated (mixed?) a dachsund with a corgi (I mean, really, who'd want to, right?) so what'd they get?

A new breed.

Seriously.

They have been called "dorgis" ever since.

I'm sure there are people all over England, the British Isles and Europe, for that matter, who have had to follow suit and get one of these critters.

So now, what I'd like to know is, does the Royal Family get any residuals from this?

You know what money-grubbers they are.

Link:  http://www.parade.com/celebrity/personality-parade/2011/04/24/queen-elizabeth-dogs.html

No comments: