Blog Catalog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Our CIA and military became interchangeable?

Maybe I missed something but I swear our government didn't used to trade out the military folks for the Central Rreakin' Intelligence Agency so boldly and blatantly, I don't think, as they did since old Don Rumsfeld took over in the last administration.

Now, here's word out today:

Obama sending Panetta to Pentagon, Petraeus to CIA

AP
FILE - In this Feb. 25, 2009 file photo, CIA Director Leon Panetta...AP
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama plans to name CIA Director Leon Panetta as the next secretary of defense and move Gen. David Petraeus, now running the war in Afghanistan, into the CIA chief's job in a major shuffle of the U.S. national security leadership, senior administration officials and other sources said Wednesday. Full Story »





I mean, didn't the military used to be the military and the secret, sneaky spy guys used to be just that--the sneaky spy guys--and never the twain did meet?  Am I just naive here?

And even if I am naive on this, does anyone else see something wrong with this?  Is it just me?

Update:
Link:  http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/04/29-2

No comments: