Blog Catalog

Monday, April 18, 2011

Why is this still standing?

I was driving through the city on business last week when all of a sudden I saw this monstrosity at 39th and Troost.  (It may be 43rd but I think it's 39th).  My first reaction was as shown above, why is this still standing?  Why hasn't the owner or city torn this thing down?  Besides being a really awful eyesore, it's dangerous to the community.  I don't care where it's located, someone needs to get this gone.  I'm sure it's long overdue.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. It burned down last week.

Mo Rage said...

you mean the rest of the way down. this shot shows it burned to get to this stage.

thanks. I'll check it out

Anonymous said...

Aren't all the houses on or near Troost eyesores?

Mo Rage said...

Not at all. Far from it as a matter of fact. Even some of the older ones have been and are being maintained but actually, there are some newly built homes closer than this one in the city that are actually quite nice. They look positively suburban. You should drive over there and see them.