Blog Catalog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Yahoo! E. Thomas McClanahan and I agree one more time!

Since Mr. McClanahan wasn't writing about economic or social or social welfare (as in well-being) issues in the Star today, I agree with him:

E. Thomas McClanahan

The timing is right for our own arts festival

Why wait for the Chamber of Commerce to have more meetings? Kansas City could start working on an arts festival immediately.
So as I sad, Mr. McClanahan, I couldn't agree more.


Let's get this party started.

Link: 
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/04/23/2821055/the-timing-is-right-for-our-own.html

4 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

It always worries me when I agree with him because I think I'm back-sliding... :)

Mo Rage said...

Well, you notice I qualified it by saying it wasn't on financial, social or welfare issues...

Besides, I figure if people like you and I can even occasionally agree with someone like Mr. Right Wing McClanahan, it shows there's a middle ground where we all, as Americans, could meet, in spite of the Fox channel and their minions.

Average Jane said...

Kansas City is the first stop in a nationwide, traveling multimedia arts festival, America: Now and Here. It runs May 6-28. That should kickstart a few things.

Mo Rage said...

Well, that's cool and good news. It will need to become part of an annual arts festival.

Mr. McClanahan makes a good point--between the Nelson-Atkins, the soon-to-open Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, the Crossroads Arts District and the artists there, our actors across the city and the Kemper Art Gallery, along with all our other arts sources and supporters, this should definitely happen. Frankly, it should likely happen in May each year so we don't boil, I'd think.

Or September?

Stay tuned.