Blog Catalog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chas. Feruzza's restaurant review last week

I love food.

I love cooking, too, though I don't do it that well and certainly don't do it with any frequency.

That said, I know good food.

I also know good writing and I know good restaurant reviews.

I've gone on here, before, about Charles Feruzza's local restaurant reviews in The Pitch Magazine.

This week, when he reviewed Tavern in the Village in Prairie Village (OMG, this is turning into a review of a review), I thought he had a great statement about "the occasional claque of middle-aged predators trolling the bar..."

What a great line.  I laughed out loud when I read it.

He also pointed out that the turkey croissant--which I was rather looking forward to when I first saw they offered it--was not good.  I'm hoping they fix that.

But one of the main reasons for this entry, after recommending Charles' column again is that if you can get away with selling a serving of saut'eed spinach--however good--for $5.00 a serving, I decided right then and there, I've got to get in the restaurant business.

That's highway robbery on a plate.

Link:   http://www.pitch.com/2011-04-21/restaurants/tavern-in-the-village/

No comments: