Blog Catalog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Election Day--get out and vote today, people (please?)

Yes, this is the requisite blog entry pointing out that it's election day and imploring you to go to the polls and vote. I'll also add one more thing---vote no on proposition C. We need health care reform, people, even in this form. Our health care system isn't working and doesn't work well for all of us. This gets us closer to having it work. Now, get out there, have a great day and above all, keep cool.

4 comments:

KJ said...

Ah...you've said it so much nicer than I. I guess that's why all the cool kids like you better. Seriously people, go vote.

Mo Rage said...

hmmm, didn't see your post until just this minute.

I think the "forever blog entry" may be "go vote" on election day. I guess I'll have to keep that in mind.

anyway, I didn't try to say anything particularly nice but I wasn't trying to hold anything back, either.

anyway, good luck to us.

mr

the crustybastard said...

Blunt or Carnahan? Wow, it's like Bush or Clinton.

Goddamit, I hate it so much that political offices have been converted into birthrights of certain wealthy families.

QUESTION: If candidates run unopposed, why do they even print their names on the primary ballot?

Mo Rage said...

Answers:

Carnahan, without doubt. Blunt is such a blatant (what's the nice word for scumbag?) graft-taker (?), etc., I can hardly stand it.

And yeah, what is it about the laziness of the American electorate that we keep voting in these family governance dynasties? Speaking of which, did you see where, in Kansas, Dennis Moore's wife got breezed back into his place? Holy cow! All you need is the last name and you're there. It's bloody looney. Pensions for life. What dolts we are.

thanks for your notes,

mr