Blog Catalog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Results of a lazy American electorate

A fellow blogger brought up this subject and yesterday's election brought out more of this so I have to ask: What is it with us Americans that we just reboot politicians, again and again, in the election booth? Why do we let them have these family dynasties in government? There's the Bush family, nationally (and look how well that turned out). There's the Blunts, here in Missouri--a den of thieves, in my view and a lot of other people's. There's the Carnahans (whom I'm for, frankly, but still, it's a family government dynasty, there's no denying it). Allow me to quote blogger friend Damnitkage from yesterday's mail: "Goddamit, I hate it so much that political offices have been converted into birthrights of certain wealthy families." I couldn't agree more. My response: What is it about the laziness of the American electorate that we keep voting in these family governance dynasties? Speaking of which, did you see where, in Kansas, Dennis Moore's wife got breezed back into his place? Holy cow. All you need is the last name and you're there. It's bloody looney. Pensions for life. What dolts we are. Why do we do this? I can't help but think it's just laziness. Answers anyone?

No comments: