Blog Catalog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

From The Star: "Murder's Big Month" page

I was clunking around at the Kansas City Star website just now and ran across a page I didn't know they had. It shows the people who were murdered in the metropolitan area, all on one page, and links to the original story in the paper that told about them and their deaths. I think it's quite a nice touch, on the Star's part. I also think it should get more coverage. I think we need to pay more attention, as a city, to who's killed and how and where, so we know what's going on and maybe so we can offer up solutions. But you're heard all this before from me here on this blog. Here's a sampling: Vincent McCollum His goal was to open a restaurant Erick S. Gandarilla Guardsman died here while his unit was in Kosovo Jarod Sesley His mom will move... once his killer is caught Darnell Cooper He forgave the killer of his daughter Derrick Blount Died after being shot for a second time this year Thomas Howard II He was preparing to buy a house to raise his boys Here's a thought--I'd love to know if the Mayors read this. (I seriously doubt it). I wonder if the City Council members do? Church and community leaders? Anybody give a damn about these people and our murder rate? Link to original post: Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/murdersbigmonth/#ixzz0wQGdDcjq

No comments: