Blog Catalog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

You and I will pay more--far more--taxes than Facebook


This is insane.


You want to rant about people getting welfare?

Here's your corporate welfare--from the Daily Kos today:

Despite Facebook reporting profits of over $1.1 billion in 2012, the company is expected to pay no federal or state income taxes. In fact, Facebook will receive net tax refunds totaling $429 million, because tax deductions on executive stock options can be written off as salary deductions.

This is a perfect example of how the deficit and spending cuts are driven by loopholes that allow corporations and wealthy Americans to get all the breaks.


They have and want access to our markets--the best markets in the world. They have access to our infrastructure--electrical, schools, sewage treatment plants, sewers, highways, everything--yet we let them get and be off the hook for paying anything, anything for all that access.

And then, due mostly to "campaign contributions", our government is seriously considering cutting Social Security and Medicaid and Medicare, instead of requiring corporations to pay even a small amount just so we can keep the whole nation functioning.

Does that make any sense to you?  Does that make any sense to anyone except the wealthy and the corporations and the government representatives they can buy?

Companies and corporations aren't supposed to contribute anything to the societies in which they operate?

I don't think so.

Go here, please, if you would, to sign a petition to close tax loopholes for the wealthy and for corporations: 

http://campaigns.dailykos.com/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=325

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Done! Tks for the link.

Mo Rage said...

You're welcome, of course.


Whoever you are.

skd said...

The blog format makes it a little difficult for me to sign in except as "anonymous" when I am on my phone as opposed to my computer.

Is a blog a better/easier format to post than an FB page?

Mo Rage said...

Okay, first things first--sorry it makes it more difficult for you to sign in except as anonymous because I think people who sign in as "anonymous" are pussies and cowards. I don't mean for this to be complicated.

That said, I frequently take things from FB that I think need to get out to the world and post them here. This is one such example.

A blog isn't a better or easier format to post than a FB page, at all. I just feel it gets out to a different audience, that's all. I feel sure the people looking at one are likely not looking at the other so I put what I deem more important here. That and I put things here that either need or call for more background here. That's all there is to it.