Blog Catalog

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Walking in midtown at 3 am?

No, it's not a Patsy Cline song. It seems a young woman walked to the Sunfresh store in Westport last night--at 3 am--for a loaf of bread. I saw it on the news this evening. Holy cow. I can't imagine doing that myself, as a guy, let alone a woman. I used to live in midtown. I have a friends who still do--also males--and they can tell you, you just don't do such a thing, not even if it's not late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, but especially if it is. Mind you, I'm not blaming the victim here but I'd think anyone's parents or friends or family--anyone--would tell you the same thing. No loaf of bread or any food is worth that walk. Ever. Link: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/13/3264025/kc-police-investigate-unrelated.html

No comments: