Blog Catalog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

War and Peace

I'm a major proponent of the idea that the arts are the antithesis of war. Not a new idea but an important and good one.

With that thought in mind, I think it's important to point out that the more arts and exposure to the arts we can get (along with education, frankly), the less likely, I believe, we would take it upon ourselves to fight and go to war.

It was Lenin, I believe, who said there was a piece of music that, if he heard it too much, couldn't go to war.

I propose, then, that "Improv Everywhere" is to peace and sanity and cooperation what terrorists blowing themselves up, seemingly randomly, is to war, carnage and insanity.

So for today, for the Saturday, I present this video from the Improv Everywhere people, whom I respect and admire. We need more of this in our lives and in the world.

Enjoy and have a great weekend.

No comments: