Blog Catalog

Monday, April 29, 2013

A Star Letter to the Editor hits the Republicans of the last 5 years squarely on the head


From yesterday's Kansas City Star Letters to the Editor:

GOP obstructions


During my life, I have witnessed the administrations of 11 presidents, beginning with Dwight Eisenhower. I have seen a lot of evil in Washington — scandals, corruption and partisanship.

But I have never seen an entire party unite to sabotage an administration like the GOP has done to President Barack Obama. From the day he was elected, the GOP declared that its very reason for existence was to make sure that Obama would serve only one term.

Republicans had no platform and no plan for solving the horrendous economic crisis Obama inherited. They fought everything he attempted to do. It is amazing he was able to accomplish anything.

Even after Obama’s re-election the GOP continues to obstruct his every attempt to get the economy going. I wonder where we’d be today if they had been more willing to cooperate. Maybe the unemployment rate would be lower.

I am a lifelong Republican, but I am ashamed of the GOP as it exists today.

I wasn’t fond of President George W. Bush, but after he was elected I was willing to give him a chance. I wish the GOP would give Obama half as much support as Bush had.

Jim Meyer
Lenexa

Thank you, Mr. Meyer.

Well and truly said.

To our national peril.

Link to original post: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/04/27/4205020/schools-sen-roy-blunt-unions.html

No comments: