Blog Catalog

Monday, April 23, 2012

One way Ron Paul is right, I think

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." --Ron Paul. Love him, hate him or don't care, as crazy or racist or wrong or however people portray Ron Paul as--and some are, I think, true--I have to say, though I'm no Ron Paul supporter, I think he's dead-on here, in this statement. It may be simplistic but I still think there's truth to this. Further, I think it explains a great deal of why so many Americans back him. He puts things both very simply and succinctly. (He's dead-wrong about the Fed in my view but that's another matter).

2 comments:

Paul said...

How can anyone defend the Fed? You have a group run by bankers and wall street types that set monetary policy for the nation. You have planned inflation, which is just another way of saying the devaluation of the currency over time.

How is this stuff good, regardless of what economic theories you go with?

Mo Rage said...

How can anyone defend the Fed?

By pointing out that they just make sure we keep between banking catastrophes, if they do their job right.

I don't buy into the paranoia--yet, anyway--that they manipulate the markets and so, plan inflation for their benefit and to the loss of all the rest of us.