Blog Catalog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Plaza solution needed by Friday

I think we all know the city needs and wants a solution of whatever sort we can, as soon as possible for the Country Club Plaza so there are no more random shootings in or around the area. I think that's a given. That said, that assumed, I'd expect Mayor James to absolutely do whatever he has must in order to get a curfew in place by Friday, at latest. From what I understand, it is to cover kids under 18 and make it that they have to be out of there by 9. What I don't understand are the questions or concerns that it might not be constitutional when it's already being done in Philadelphia. Attorneys will be busy. Anyway, I feel sure it will sail through City Hall in these few days. Neither the Mayor nor City Council nor anyone else have any other quick solution available. I'd absolutely look for this to be a "done deal." Link: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/08/15/3078819/curfew-option-has-kcs-attention.html

No comments: