Blog Catalog

Monday, August 1, 2011

America: 2 thoughts on our current (financial) state

It seems there are, in fact, two thoughts on the current financial state of America, I believe. The first is our own, American reference and that is that we thought we were rich or wealthy or fortunate or whatever we shall call it and that we would always remain so, if not, in fact, get even wealthier. The second thought, I think, that of, likely, both history in the overall sense--the bigger picture, if you will--and the rest of the world in a much shorter term, is that we were, yes, wealthy but that we always spent, spent, spent like a rather drunken sailor--especially since 2000--and that we were rather like the foolish cousin who would eventually get his/her comeuppance. I think there are, at last, a fair amount of people who, even now, here in this country, finally see that 2nd one coming about. I could be wrong but I don't think so. We shall certainly see, won't we?

No comments: