Blog Catalog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Problems at KCUR

As anyone who has ever read here knows (either of you), I am a big fan and listener of NPR and so, of course, of our local stations KCUR mostly, followed by KPR out of Lawrence and "The Bridge" out of Warrensburg. The thing is, this morning, on the way to work, I noticed KCUR experienced some "dead air" in the middle of a story. The sound, the radio had gone silent. As anyone who runs or listens to a radio station knows, if the station goes silent, they don't exist. It certainly kills your ability to know the entire story you were listening to. Then it happened again. And yet again. So I started counting. Between 7 am while I was at home, and 8:12 am, with just a little bit of time between the house and car, KCUR went dead eleven times--killing 11 stories for me/us this morning. I just wonder what went on over there today. Storm problems from last evening? Anyone know? KCUR?

No comments: