Blog Catalog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mel Gibson's latest movie: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First, let me say, I wouldn't pay to see a Mel Gibson movie even if, say, you paid me.

Just so you know where I'm coming from.

Once he did his blockbuster "Passion of the Christ" and earned so many millions of dollars, I knew Mel didn't need my money for the rest of his life.

So to see now that Mel "Coo-Coo for Cocoa Puffs" Gibson has a new movie out and that it has him playing someone with a mental illness speaking with a beaver puppet on his hand is just too good.  It's way too self-serving for me.

Here's the really funny part to me right now.

In a big ad in The New York Times this last Sunday, it lead with a HUGE, glowing review/blurb, naturally:   

"A TRUE MASTERPIECE*****'The Beaver' is a crowning achievement in American cinema.  Expertly guided by Jodie Foster's precise and focused direction."

And get this---this, to me, was the really funny part, aside from the part that clearly-racist, religion-crazy Mel is playing the part of someone who's lost his mind:  The glowing review blurb was from a local Kansas City reviewer--Shawn Edwards of FOX-TV here in town.

That was their big, all-important, glowing recommendation.

I think they might be in trouble

But thanks, Mr. Gibson, for making it easy for us.

We appreciate it greatly.
 
Links:  http://www.thebeaver-movie.com/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1321860/

4 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

If I don't buy the premise, I don't see the movie. Fail.
But now I know why Jodie has been sticking by this man... money.

Mo Rage said...

Jodie Foster would be the only reason I'd be remotely tempted to see the film.

the crustybastard said...

Conspicuously shameless even among other Hollywood blurb whores, Shawn Edwards will happily provide any studio comer with the proverbial sloppy $5 beej.

Fortunately for him, Fox4 has no journalistic or critical standards to offend.

Mo Rage said...

I think you're right. At least one of the other blurbs Sunday, in the same ad, was also from a local Fox station somewhere else in the country.

I'm telling you, between the picture of Mel with his "Beaver pal" on his arm, the premise of the story and this blurb from Shawn Edwards, I nearly laughed myself silly.