Blog Catalog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Two things I'll never understand

I've written here before how, for one, I'll never understand how people in Pakistan or Afghanistan or any other country, for that matter, could or would blow up--or even attempt to blow up and kill, maim and harm--their fellow citizens, no matter what they see as the cause or issue.

Yet not only does it happen but it happens again and again.

I can't see how they think they're somehow progressing any such cause.  It seems true insanity to me.

And then to do it to people, too, who practice the same faith as you, possibly--Muslim--but just because they're a different sect.

That takes some twisted, sick beliefs right there.

And here, today is the other thing I can't possibly fathom, far closer to home and more immediate:


I heard this on the way in to work this morning on KCUR/NPR, perhaps you did, too.  (Thanks, again, Frank Morris!)

The people of Joplin, Missouri have been put through nearly unimaginable circumstances, what with having suffered an F5 tornado, so many people being killed, homes destroyed, workplaces leveled, cars mangled and who knows what all yet some people have the chutzpah to go through, afterward and try to steal things from the rubble.

No, sorry.

I can't imagine how anyone could possibly be so low or destitute or unfeeling or selfish and/or whatever that would take to even have that option occur to you.

But that's me. 

No comments: