Blog Catalog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Kansas City landmark gone, apparently

Hearne Christopher reports panhandler Jerry "Excuse me sir/ma'am, could you help me with the down payment on a cheeseburger?" Mazer has passed:




There are a few things to be noted here, on this news.

First, as I said earlier, I now thank the universe I no longer have to be asked that infernal, no longer remotely "cute" question.  

Second, the last thing I would do is wish ill, then or now, on Mr. Mazer.

Third, Mr. Christopher equating Mr. Mazer's passing as somehow up there with Tony DiPardo's, Mike Murphy's and/or Bill Grigsby's is beyond the pale.  Those are some really screwed up comparisons.


Those 3 made Kansas City a much, much better place to be and in many, many ways. They also brought joy to people, frequently day in and day out, let alone year in and out.

Mr. Mazer was an irritant, at best.



Finally, what would really be ironic now is if we found that Mr. Mazer left some family member or friend a fortune.


Or, more ironic yet, if he left it to the city.


Now, that would be a hoot.

No comments: