Blog Catalog

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ain't gonna' happen

President Obama did a very noble thing announcing that he'd like to put together this whole health care for everyone program by the end of this year.

And I'm very hopeful and positive about the President, his administration and hwat they can do and get done. Sure.

But you know what?

It will never happen

With all of the organizations involved in health care in America--the doctors, pharmaceuticals, insurance agencies, lobbyists, everyone--no one is going to give on this.

More importantly, the thing that won't happen--not in the next decade, anyway--is that profit won't be taken out of the whole health care picture in this country.

The rest of the world, virtually, has done it, but the US just can't.

We idolize profit, profits, wealthy people and the possibility to get rich too much to take profit out of the formula.

As a group, we can't comprehend how the whole arrangement can work without there being profit in the equation. Too many people in our country have bought off on the corporate propaganda that there must be profits--large ones, at that--so new technologies can be brought forward to cure more diseases.

It isn't so but you'd be hard pressed to convince us of that.

So he's done his Don Quixote and that's great but come December 31, 2009, we won't have a new, working health care system for all of us, the way we should.

I hope I'll be wrong.

I'd bet I won't be.

1 comment:

GOPnot4me said...

I don't idolize prophets, either.

I am fond of Arthur Bryant's, tho.

:)