Blog Catalog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Kudos to KMBC 9 News last evening


I don't usually watch any local news program from start to finish but I was rather trapped into it last evening so it happened. I have to say, coming away from it, I have to give the entire KMBC 9 news staff salutations for last evening's broadcast. I couldn't hardly believe it.

The entire program was based on good, local stories that were timely.

Not one story--until 10:52--was based on a YouTube video or some fluff or other story out of who-knows-where telling of some horrible tragedy that has nothing whatever to do with our local area, county, state or region. And even then, at that 10:52 story, it really could, I think, be applied to our area and it wasn't that long, either. (It was about police, racing to crime scenes).

It was extremely refreshing, even hopeful.

The anchors--Len Jennings, Lara Moritz and Bryan Busby came across very professionally but personally, too, not that they don't always or haven't before last evening.

Here's hoping more intelligent news coverage is coming to our area.

Hey, I can hope, can't I?

If this keeps up, I might even turn on the local news again, at times, in the future.

Link: http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city

No comments: