Blog Catalog

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

What I've always thought



Army Medical Examiner: 'At last! The perfect soldier!', political cartoon by Carl Sandburg in "The Masses."

What a shame.

This is what I've thought for years--at least since I was 16 and in high school and the Vietnam War was taking place.

I saw this, briefly, last evening on the PBS "American Masters" special "The Day Carl Sandburg Died."

It was excellent. I'd recommend you see it, if you can. Really wonderful.

Link: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/episodes/carl-sandburg/homepage-the-day-carl-sandburg-died/2267/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched that, too. I knew almost nothing about this man. I was very impressed.

Mo Rage said...

Yes, I knew little of him. It's both nice to know and sad, too, that he fought two things we're still fighting today--war and good working conditions and pay for the working class.