Blog Catalog

Monday, September 26, 2011

Water busting out all over

I was on the East side of the city at the end of last week and noticed water pouring out of the street at 31st Street and Van Brunt Boulevard. At the time, I thought maybe I should call the water department and be sure they were aware of it, there was that much coming out, but I didn't. So then, yesterday, Sunday, I was there again and same thing--it was still flowing and very freely. So much so that it was pooling in the street, further down. So call I did. The result? I asked if they department was aware of it and the man on the other end said, yes, they were, he seemed to say, very aware of it. Oh, well, eh? This, along with the two breaks that are still on Southwest Trafficway (at least they're not pouring out at this fast a rate) and nothing seeming to be done. So it goes, eh, Mr. Mayor? And water department? I know they must have their hands full but aren't we wasting an awful lot of water? And doesn't that cost us?

No comments: