Blog Catalog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

A new direction of this blog--out of Afghanistan

When I first began this blog, it was because the George W. Bush administration was acting in such disgusting, blatantly wrong ways for this country I couldn't hold it in and wanted to say something about it. On the side, I would point out things going on in the country, occasionally the world and then more locally, here in the Kansas City metropolitan area and Missouri. Our murder rate was one thing, in particular, that I have felt I needed to write of, especially because the mayor, his office, City Hall, the City Council and local church and community leaders were doing and saying nearly nothing about it. So, today, I have to declare a new, added direction for me and this blog. That is, I'm writing to point out why we need to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan and end our wars in both countries. Today it's Afghanistan. "Every dollar we spend in Afghanistan, every life we waste there, is a waste," --Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y. "An intelligent policy is not to try to remake a country that nobody since Genghis Khan has managed to conquer. What makes us think, what arrogance gives us the right to assume that we can succeed where the Moguls, the British, the Soviets failed?" He couldn't be more right. Link to original post: http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2010/07/house-holds-nose-passes-war-funding.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MishsGlobalEconomicTrendAnalysis+%28Mish%27s+Global+Economic+Trend+Analysis%29

No comments: