Blog Catalog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Low-class Country singer



Nice.

Nice touch.

First, he wears a t-shirt--an untucked t-shirt, at that--and blue jeans to sing the National Anthem at the 2012 Major League Baseball Allstar Game.

Way to show respect for the event.

Way to show respect for the National Anthem.

Way to show self-respect. (Not).

Second, has to read the national anthem off his hand.

Nice job, Lukester. Way to not prepare.

What a low-class jerk.

If his mother is alive, I hope she didn't see this nightmare.

If this had been a national anthem singing class, he would have failed it with an F.

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

I didn't see this, since baseball bores me to tears. I did see one of my redneck friends on Facebook leave this message: "I have said it before and will say it again. Why ever sporting events do not always use a country music singer for the National Anthem is beyond me. Luke Bryan just did an outstanding job for the All Star game. Country artist sing it the way it was written, and the way it should be done. They do nto have to add their hippity hoppity flava flave crap into it. They just do it right. I'm proud to be an American!" Of course I remember seeing Roseanne sing the anthem. I don't think it gets any worse than that. Hey, you Democrats have Willie Nelson... how about the way he looks? And by the way, how many people do you know who know all the words to the national anthem? I surely don't. OK, I think that's all. No, I am not angry in the least. Just telling you how I see it.

Mo Rage said...

I don't care that he was country. I care that he was way under-dressed, in disrespect to the audience, the event, the anthem and himself and the fact that he didn't memorize the lines and know them. That was pathetic.

Again, it had nothing to do with him singing country.

Donna. W said...

Since I am ALWAYS underdressed and I can't even remember all the words to any of the many songs I wrote myself, I guess we're just looking at things from totally different points of view.
I

Mo Rage said...

But Donna, would you underdress to sing in front of a stadium full of people?

I doubt it.