Blog Catalog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Exit ramps that don't work in town


Exit ramps in the metropolitan area that are far, far overdue for reworking and updating because there are far too many cars that need to access them now:

First up--I-35 North to 635 North, especially during rush hour. It backs up for miles. Insane.

Next up--I-435 West (in Johnson County, KS--OP) to I-35 South. Another one-liner. Far backed up.

And for that matter, I-435 South to I-35 South--the same intersection. It all dumps into the same line. Crazy.

Third--I-435 South on the East side of the city, by the stadiums, to I-70 East. A famous long line either during rush hour or anywhere near a Royals baseball or Chiefs football game. Crazy lines and out-and-out dangerous, at times.

These three, at least, need updating, widening, hopefully, and improving, for safety and the good flow of traffic. It can add to productivity, too.

I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: