Blog Catalog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Walt Bodine retiring, mostly--at 90

I just saw at Bottom Line Communications that KCUR announced Walt Bodine is retiring, as I said above, mostly, at 90 years of age.

Zounds.

I remember as a kid in the 60's, my Mom listened to Walt and won $64.00 listening to his show. She told of what his show meant for her at the time.

We're from St. Joe and she was raising the ten of us (seriously) so I think they gave it to her out of sympathy. She'd likely agree.

So, anyway, Walt and this city go back decades and he's done great work for us and we'll miss him but this has got to be good news for him, I'd think.

Five days a week at the station?

And I always love to hear the restaurant critics every other Friday when I can--I do have that pesky job, you know--and the movie reviewers.

So we all wish Walt well and thank goodness he's going to still be on once a week, for the Friday shows, thank goodness, but I have to put in a "plug" right now for what should happen for and to this time slot.

Here's hoping Steve Kraske takes it over.

The guy does great research and interviews and gets terrific guests.

It would clearly be the best thing KCUR could do for this city, radio, themselves and that time slot in replacing Walt.

KCUR? You listening?

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

He's ninety? Dear Lord, I'm OLD!

Sarah said...

I love the Walt Bodine show! So sad...but like you said, at least he'll still be on Fridays. Steve Kraske would be a great replacement, I agree. I love his Thursday "things to do" segment...or is it on Fridays? All these days blend together.