Blog Catalog

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

An exciting Kansas City development

 

I have to tell you, I've been so looking forward to this new Performing Arts Center here in town, I can barely wait until it opens.

When the new Bloch Gallery of Contemporary Art opened at the Nelson-Atkins Art Gallery, that was incredibly exciting itself. It's such a beautiful building, even if it is just at night. For everything from its position on the site to the same lighting at night, the views from within the gallery, the natural light inside the gallery and so much more, it's been a stunner since it opened.

Since that opening, I've looked forward to this additional addition to the Kansas City landscape. With the Moshe Safdie design--which is going to be brilliant both figuratively and literally--and what it will mean to Kansas City in terms of live art performances, it will be a huge, historic and important addition to the city and, really, the region.

We're a lucky, lucky people here in Kansas City.

(In spite of what Tony says on his blog).

(Just having fun, Tony).

I'd like to start thanking the Kauffman Foundation and all the people who have contributed to this facility we will have soon, now.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

I'm posting on this later today.... it's awesome.

Mo Rage said...

I look forward to it.

Sarah said...

Unfortunately for Tony, his blog lost all credibility when I had to scroll through photos of half-naked women to read his thoughts.

Mo Rage said...

that's what I'm saying--he would gain, what? 50% more readers (women) and some more men, I'd think, because intelligent guys would likely give him and his blog more respect if those weren't up there. Once you see those, you tend to discount what he's writing because they cheapen the blog so much.

MR