Saturday, August 3, 2013
How long with these wars, America?
The cost of war:
6714 - Number of Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn casualties as confirmed by U.S. Central Command.
7 more dead this week:
- Army Sgt. Stefan M. Smith, July 23, 2013 - 24, of Glennville, Ga
- Army 1st Lt. Jonam Russell, July 23, 2013 - 25, of Cornville, Ariz
- Army Spc. Rob L. Nichols, July 23, 2013 - 24, of Colorado Springs, Colo
- Army Spc. Caryn E. Nouv, July 27, 2013 - 29, of Newport News, Va
- Army Sgt. Eric T. Lawson, July 27, 2013 - 30, of Stockbridge, Ga
- Army Sgt. Stephen M. New, July 28, 2013 - 29, of Bartlett, Tenn
- Army Spc. Nicholas B. Burley, July 30, 2013 - 22, of Red Bluff, Calif.
Another week and another $2 Billion spent in Afghanistan.
Total bill to U.S. Taxpayers = $1,461,095,349,726.
You want to "support the troops"?
Bring them home. Demand that we bring them home.
You want to cut our wasteful--grossly wasteful, obscene--deficit spending?
Cut the Department of Defense budget by half.
We would still outspend the rest of the world several times over.