Blog Catalog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm so old...

I remember all ten (from an online article): 10 Brand Names Gone, But Not Forgotten They are (were): Woolworth's (first named F.W. Woolworth's), Amiga (computers), Merry Go Round/Chess King (clothing stores), Diners Club Card (a credit card), Tab (sugar-free soft drink), Rustler Steakhouse (I remember it but never ate there. Maybe that's why they failed), McCall's magazine (Mom took this one, at one time as I remember), General Cinema Corporation (a movie theater chain), Pan Am (the jet airline) and Chiclets (chewing gum).

2 comments:

McLANAHAN said...

Tab is still around, and sold in the United States.

Chicklets are still around, and sold by Cadbury Adams.

Diners Club is still in business.

So in short, you're so old, you're retarded, because don't bother to verify shit.

Mo Rage said...

I gladly post this criticism because someone (down at the Star, I believe) feels is necessary and apporpriate to call me "retarded" which, besides being un-PC, is so ridiculously immature, it's laughable.

Thanks for this.

You should go over to Tony's KC page now and respond to things there. There's a great deal of stupidity, ignorance and ugliness in many of the comments to his blog. You'll have lots of company.

Haters gotta' hate.

Happy new year.