Blog Catalog

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Top 10 Bushisms of 2008

The Dumbest Things President Bush Said in 2008

By Daniel Kurtzman, About.com

10. "Thank you, your Holiness. Awesome speech!" --to Pope Benedict after he spoke at the White House, Washington, D.C., April 15, 2008 (go to About.com to see video clip)

9. "First of all, I don't see America having problems." --interview with Bob Costas at the 2008 Olympics, Beijing, China, Aug. 10, 2008

8. "I didn't grow up in the ocean -- as a matter of fact -- near the ocean -- I grew up in the desert. Therefore, it was a pleasant contrast to see the ocean. And I particularly like it when I'm fishing." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2008

7. "Wait a minute. What did you just say? You're predicting $4-a-gallon gas? ... That's interesting. I hadn't heard that." --at a news conference, Washington, D.C., Feb. 28, 2008

6. "This thaw -- took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." -- on liquidity in the markets, Alexandria, La., Oct. 20, 2008

5. "And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq." --to Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

4. "I reminded the president that I am reminded of the great talent of the -- of our Philippine-Americans when I eat dinner at the White House." --referring to White House chef Cristeta Comerford while meeting with Filipino President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, Washington, D.C., June 24, 2008 (See video clip at About.com)

3. "I think I was unprepared for war." –on the biggest regret of his presidency, ABC News interview, Dec. 1, 2008

2. "I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office." --Washington, D.C., May 12, 2008

1. "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter." --in parting words to British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicolas Sarkozy at his final G-8 Summit, punching the air and grinning widely as the two leaders looked on in shock, Rusutsu, Japan, July 10, 2008

~Compiled by Daniel Kurtzman at About.com


The boy's an idiot. (W, not Mr. Kurtzman)

No comments: