Blog Catalog

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Christianity and Capitalism


People, in this nation, who consider themselves to be both Capitalists and Christians are only Capitalists.


Mark 10:21-22   Jesus, looking at him, loved him and said, "You lack one thing; go, sell what you own, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me." When he heard this, he was shocked and went away grieving, for he had many possessions.

Luke 12:16-21   Then he told them a parable: "The land of a rich man produced abundantly. And he thought to himself, 'What should I do, for I have no place to store my crops?' Then he said, 'I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, 'Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.' But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life is being demanded of you. And the things you have prepared, whose will they be?' So it is with those who store up treasures for themselves but are not rich toward God."

And my personal favorite:

Matthew 19:24    Jesus said "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

Think happy thoughts.

And enjoy your Sunday.

Link:  9 Jesus Quotes About The Poor


1 comment:

Byron Funkhouser said...

This is why American Christians have rejected the teachings of Jesus for the teachings of Paul, & they rationalize this by claiming that it's all the Word of God.

But, it isn't. God speaks in the Bible, those our the words of God, & Jesus speaks in the Bible & Paul speaks in the Bible, but God, Jesus & Paul are NOT the Holy Triumvirate.