Blog Catalog

Thursday, August 13, 2009

They want the KC P and L District to be successful?

I took my daughter last evening to Cosentino's for dinner, for a change of pace and WTF?! I couldn't believe you can't park on Main Street.

Tons of room.

"No Parking Allowed."

There used to be parking meters along Main, before the revamp of downtown.

They paid money to have them ripped out.

Then they paid money to have "No Parking" signs put up.

Let me get this straight--they want P and L to be successful?

They want us to come downtown?

Right?

But you can't park on the wide street?

(Oh, and don't eat the "Veggie Pasta" dish off the salad bar at Cosentino's, either. That was some kinda nasty. Dry. I think it had been recooked a few days, anyway. And "Veggie"--you thought that meant "vegetables", right? Well, at Cosentino's it means "without meat", that's all. It was dry, dry, dry, overcooked cheese and equally dry and overcooked pasta. Really nasty--and nearly $25.00 for 2 people. Easy advice: stay away.)

3 comments:

Hyperblogal said...

YIKES. In my own humble opinion.. downtown should be like the Plaza.... just pull in and park with lots all over the place. I dread going downtown simply because it is so hard/expensive to park.

Mo Rage said...

huge pain in the *ss. I could hardly believe it. it was as if they learned nothing of the last years. Crazy.

Mo Rage said...

I never dreaded going downtown but, after trying to park last evening, I can see why the suburb people would want to stay away. I'll bet no one who wants people to go down there gets it. Looney.