Sunday, June 22, 2014
Problems with soccer
For Americans, anyway (with tongue firmly and deeply in cheek):
1) The field is the size of a runway for a Boeing 747
2) Having the game last--what?--8 hours each, with no breaks, commercials, half-times, songs or anything
3) Who knows WHEN the match will actually end because at any time, they may well add ADDITIONAL minutes to the time clock
4) Then there's the fairly old problem Americans have with soccer that--gasp--IT CAN END IN A DRAW.
No one wins, no one loses.
Oh, yeah. That's Socialism or Communism or some dang thing right there. That just isn't right.
5) Finally, when does this thing end, this World Cup? September? November?