Blog Catalog

Thursday, December 19, 2013

On that "Duck Dynasty" brouhaha


First, yesterday, there was this:

'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson suspended for comments about gays

Then, in the same interview, this little jewel was discovered:

'Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Claims Black People Were 'Happy' Pre-Civil Rights

So this came up today, on FB:

oh my, the similarities are a bit uncomfortable …just saying
 
 
I'd think he'd be upset--maybe plenty so--at this comparison but, come on, it seems extremely accurate and fair.
 
 


1 comment:

ERnest Evans said...

A long time ago, in a country far, far away, those of us who called ourselves liberals and leftists were strong in our opposition to firing people in the entertainment industry because they were members of the Communist Party. Now, most of the liberals and leftists I know are cheering the firing of a TV personality because of his political views. Did I miss something? I ask this because one of my GOP friends asked me today: "Didn't you liberals used to make maudlin films about the horrors of Hollywood in the blacklist era?" And I well remember all of the enthusiastic editorials in The Nation and The Progressive when Lillian Hellman, who was blacklisted in the 1950's, was asked to give a speech at the Oscars in 1977--she got a standing ovation. Please update. Sincerely and Respectfully, Ernest Evans (Confused liberal--"Party Line" appears to have changed without my knowing it.) PS: This same GOP friend asked me two years ago after the Duke Lacrosse case: "Didn't you liberals used to be the ones opposed to lynch mobs?" Here again, "Party Line" appears to have changed without my knowing it.