Blog Catalog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mitt Romney--and the wealthy--on America


Mark your calendar.

Yesterday, September 17, 2012, with exactly 50 days to go before the November presidential election, Mitt Romney imploded:



Mr. Romney's honesty in this video, above, that came out yesterday from Mother Jones, reminds me so immediately and clearly of the rather famous quote from Gore Vidal:

"You know, I've been around the ruling class all my life, and I've been quite aware of their total contempt for the people of the country." --On the Media

I also ran across this quote yesterday, by accident:

"The ear of the leader must ring with the voices of the people." --Woodrow Wilson

For Mittens, it doesn't. He doesn't have the ear, clearly. He's tone deaf. He's tone deaf to the people, anyway. It may be a golden ear but it's deaf.

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/opinion/brooks-thurston-howell-romney.html?_r=2

No comments: